Benched as guard, Pa. female officer protests
Only males asked to patrol hallway at Steelers' hotel
By Jonathan D. Silver
PITTSBURGH, Pa. — A female Pittsburgh police officer and her supervisor have filed internal complaints alleging that the officer was passed over for off-duty work guarding the Steelers at a Downtown hotel because of her gender.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Benched as guard, Pa. female officer protests
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms