La. cop hurt trying to break up domestic fight
By Trymaine Lee, Staff writer
Copyright 2006 The Times-Picayune Publishing Company
A four-year veteran of the New Orleans Police Department was hospitalized Monday after she was punched in the throat trying to quell a fight between a 23-year-old man and his girlfriend, police said.
Officer Bianca Boone was in good condition and recovering Monday afternoon. Her attacker, Travis Joel Buzzard was booked with simple domestic battery, simple battery on a police officer, resisting a lawful arrest and simple criminal damage, according to police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. cop hurt trying to break up domestic fight
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman