Va. police force aims for diversity
By Kristin Davis
CHESAPEAKE, Va. — Chief Kelvin Wright vowed to build a more diverse police force when he took over the top job in April.
He hired a full-time recruiter and promoted two black men to captain and one to major.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. police force aims for diversity
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman