In L.A., 44 cadets become cops
By Sandy Banks
Los Angeles Times
It had the hallmarks of a typical graduation ceremony – awards, speeches and hordes of excited families.
But these graduates were not in caps and gowns. They wore blue uniforms, white gloves and holstered guns.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: In L.A., 44 cadets become cops
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help