First female lieutenant on Iowa force to retire
By Jeff Reinitz
WATERLOO, Iowa — The first female officer to reach the ranks of sergeant and lieutenant at the Waterloo Police Department is retiring.
Ann Meyer began her career in 1977 when law enforcement still was a male-dominated field.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: First female lieutenant on Iowa force to retire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help