Pa. female trooper alleges gender bias in promotions
By Dana DiFilippo
Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Pennsylvania State Trooper Andrea Young just wanted a promotion.
So the 13-year veteran - her smarts already proved as a Mensa member - took the Pennsylvania State Police's promotions exam, scoring sixth out of 2,000 test-takers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds