'Long gray line' of NY officers mourns fallen trooper
Trooper Jill Mattice was the first female NY state officer to die in the line of duty
CLARENCE, N.Y. — Gov. David A. Paterson today joined the "long gray line" of more than 500 state police officers and hundreds of other officers from around the country in saying their final goodbyes to Trooper Jill E. Mattice.
A crowd of about 1,500, dominated by the huge police presence, sat through an almost two-hour "worship service" inside Eastern Hills Wesleyan Church in Clarence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman