'Long gray line' of NY officers mourns fallen trooper
Trooper Jill Mattice was the first female NY state officer to die in the line of duty
CLARENCE, N.Y. — Gov. David A. Paterson today joined the "long gray line" of more than 500 state police officers and hundreds of other officers from around the country in saying their final goodbyes to Trooper Jill E. Mattice.
A crowd of about 1,500, dominated by the huge police presence, sat through an almost two-hour "worship service" inside Eastern Hills Wesleyan Church in Clarence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court