Female officers still vast minority in ranks
Women make up about 12 percent of all sworn law enforcement officers in the US
By Joelyn Hansen
The Post Register
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho -- Idaho Falls Police Officer Jessica Hunt knows women are the minority in law enforcement.
But, just in case she needed a reminder, the point is driven home to her when a community member unknowingly accuses her of driving her husband's patrol car around town when she's off duty.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Female officers still vast minority in ranks
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform