Father of cop, firefighter talks about bond between departments
'Fire and police departments share a fraternity ... a strong bond average people just don't know about'
By Daniela Bermea
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — Firefighters and police officers share a professional bond.
For the family of Dallas-Fire Rescue Lt. Crest Whitaker Sr., the relationship is far more personal. His son, Crest Whitaker II, has been with Dallas Fire-Rescue for four years, while his daughter, Chelsea Whitaker, has been a Dallas police officer for three years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman