Calif. dept. names first female assistant chief
Former Chief Rob Davis had come under criticism for his all-white male command staff
By Sean Webby
San Jose Mercury News
SAN JOSE, Calif. — For at least the next several months, Chris Moore will be San Jose's top cop, and his tenure might also be considered an audition for the job. If so, it's a tough tryout.
He takes command of a 1,260-officer department rocked by low morale, major budget cuts and allegations of racial profiling and overaggressive street policing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. dept. names first female assistant chief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests