Town's only female cop alleges sexual discrimination
Police chief and town council sued
By Lee Ross
Mountain View Telegraph
EDGEWOOD, NM — The Edgewood Police Department has already seen its share of turbulence and is showing signs of additional troubles.
On Jan. 3, Edgewood police Officer Hellen Gonzalez filed a lawsuit is Santa Fe's state District Court against Police Chief James Daniels and the Edgewood Town Council alleging sexual discrimination.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help