Female officer injured in escape sues state
Elizabeth Estrada, 28, is alleging the state wrongfully terminated her
By Ashley Meeks
Las Cruces Sun-News
LAS CRUCES - The female officer strangled and tied up in a closet during an escape by two south county teens from a state-operated detention center may sue the state following her termination Thursday.
Elizabeth Estrada, 28, is alleging the state wrongfully terminated her, defamed her and negligently mismanaged the J. Paul Taylor Center, according to a tort claim notice served Friday afternoon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Female officer injured in escape sues state
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds