Female officer injured in escape sues state
Elizabeth Estrada, 28, is alleging the state wrongfully terminated her
By Ashley Meeks
Las Cruces Sun-News
LAS CRUCES - The female officer strangled and tied up in a closet during an escape by two south county teens from a state-operated detention center may sue the state following her termination Thursday.
Elizabeth Estrada, 28, is alleging the state wrongfully terminated her, defamed her and negligently mismanaged the J. Paul Taylor Center, according to a tort claim notice served Friday afternoon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Female officer injured in escape sues state
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms