Photo: Wounded cop Stacy Booth greets well-wishers
Monday was her first public appearance since being shot 3 times
AUBURNDALE, Fla. — Auburndale police Officer Stacy Booth smiled and spoke with family members, friends, fellow officers and well-wishers Monday during one of her first public appearances since being shot three times while responding to a 911 call.
Booth, 26, used a red electronic wheelchair to get around the parking lot of the McDonald's at 420 Havendale Blvd. as she greeted those who came to support the fundraiser to help pay for her medical expenses.
Auburndale officers and the Auburndale Citizens Police Academy gave children temporary tattoos, taught children about safety and took children's fingerprints.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court