1 female cop killed, 1 officer injured
A Ga. police officer was killed when her cruiser collided with another patrol car in pursuit of two armed robbery suspects
Duty Death: Terry Fleming - [Albany, Georgia]
By PoliceOne Staff
ALBANY, Ga. — A police officer was killed when her cruiser collided with another patrol car in pursuit of two armed robbery suspects.
Albany Officer Terry Fleming, 36, was killed in the crash, the Albany Herald reported. Sources say her vehicle burst into flames on impact.
Officer Gregory Batson, the other driver, was injured in the crash but is expected to recover, Police Chief John Proctor said.
Both suspects continued to flee until their truck overturned and police were able to arrest them. The two men were charged for the armed robbery and with felony as a result of Fleming's death.
A newlywed and mother of three, Fleming had served with the Albany Police Department for five years, and will be sorely missed.
“She was doing what she loved best — serving her community,” Proctor said. “We lost a fine person and one of our finest officers doing the job she wished to do.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police