Diana Bishop named first woman to lead Calif. PD
By Jessica Bernstein-Wax
Marin Independent Journal
SAN RAFEL, Calif. — San Rafael officials announced Friday that Diana Bishop, a captain in the Santa Clara Police Department, has been selected to be San Rafael s next chief of police.
Bishop, 50, will be the first woman to run San Rafael s 87-employee department and will start her new job Jan. 9.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Diana Bishop named first woman to lead Calif. PD
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms