County's first woman patrol officer: 'I'm living my dream'
Deputy Karen Hatch is trained to investigate sex, child abuse crimes
Idaho State Journal
FRANKLIN COUNTY, Idaho — If you would have asked Deputy Karen Hatch when she was in elementary school what she wanted to be when she grew up, she would have said a policeman.
Years later, the married mother of two is living her dream. Deputy Hatch is the first woman patrol officer in the history of Franklin County, including Preston City.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman