Panel finds Maine cop was sexually harassed, retaliated against
Officer says other members of the police department have been retaliating against her since she reported the sexual harassment
By Heather Steeves
Bangor Daily News
AUGUSTA, Maine — A state panel agreed Monday that a Windham police officer was subjected to sexual harassment by a fellow officer and was retaliated against when she reported it. The ongoing retaliation by her co-workers could threaten her life, according to the female officer's attorney.
Danielle Cyr of Auburn still works at the Windham Police Department, where she said a male co-worker touched her, urinated in front of her, yelled at her in front of civilians, said grotesque things around her and more.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy