Ohio's 'kissing cop' fired for 3rd time in 5 years
Janine Senanayake had missed a lot of work and some court dates, officials said
By Allison Manning
The Columbus Dispatch
DELAWARE, Ohio — A Delaware County deputy has been fired from her third law-enforcement job in five years.
Janine Senanayake had been in training or called off sick from her job as a road deputy nearly every day since April 9.
Senanayake was fired in a letter from acting Sheriff Scott Vance. She also was issued a one-day suspension yesterday for failing to show up at two hearings in Delaware Municipal Court in February. She had a pending administrative investigation against her from Feb. 27, apparently for missing court.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy