Off-duty Md. officer injured in gunfire
Officer Rachael Jacob is recovering after having surgery
HYATTSVILLE, Md. — An off-duty Prince George's County police officer is recovering after being shot in the leg outside a Hyattsville nightclub where she was working a security job.
Police said Officer Rachael Jacob was injured early Saturday morning at the Galaxy nightclub on University Boulevard. She is recovering after having surgery.
Police spokeswoman Julie Parker said the officer kicked three adults out of the club. Parker said the group then drove their car slowly past the entrance of the club, and a male suspect reached through the passenger side window and shot at Jacob.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty Md. officer injured in gunfire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms