Train crunches, totals Chicago patrol car
Despite the wreckage, officer freed herself from the vehicle
Tina Sfondeles and Michael Lansu
CHICAGO — A Chicago Police officer chasing a suspect drove around closed gates at the Kedzie Brown Line CTA station Friday, crashing into a train and leaving her unmarked police car a snarl of twisted metal.
But miraculously, the officer survived without life-threatening injuries.
The crash left rush hour riders scrambling to find another way home and affected service until about 7:45 p.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Train crunches, totals Chicago patrol car
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman