British official fired for dead officer joke
Councillor made comment in wake of two officer deaths
Illkeston, UNITED KINGDOM — Leader of Erewash Borough Council has condemned the words of an Ilkeston councillor who made a sick joke' about the two policewomen who died in Greater Manchester last week.
Speaking today (Tuesday) at Ilkeston Town Hall he said Cllr David Stephenson has been removed from his post on the council executive and from the list of Tory party candidates, meaning he cannot stand for the party again.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: British official fired for dead officer joke
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds