NY officer injured in middle school fight
A male student injured the shoulder of Officer Pam Sgroi
By Art Cusano
Daily Peekskill Voice
PEEKSKILL, N.Y. — A 13-year-old Peekskill Middle School student was arrested on Oct 11 and charged with injuring a police officer in a school fight, according to Peekskill Police.
The male student injured the shoulder of Officer Pam Sgroi, who police said was attempting to stop the male from fighting with another student. The boy pushed Sgroi into a wall and violently struggled with her as she attempted to restrain him, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY officer injured in middle school fight
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help