Cop-rapper's car burglarized while visiting husband’s grave
Many valuables, including her police ID were allegedly taken from her vehicle
By PoliceOne Staff
DALLAS — A police lieutenant who is on administrative leave after her controversial rap video went viral had her car broken into while she was visiting the grave of her husband — also a cop who was killed in the line of duty in 2009.
Lt. Regina Smith, who also goes by Lucille Baller, said she was placing flowers on her husband Norm’s grave when she heard a car door close, and saw a car drive off, according to Dallas News.
She then realized items were missing from her vehicle, including her police ID.
“[Her ID] just says she works for the department and lets her into the building,” said Lt. Paul Stokes, a Dallas police spokesman. He made clear that it was not the same as a badge and did not warrant the carrying of a weapon.
Among the stolen items were an iPad, iPhone, cash, and wallet.
Police say Smith was unable to provide any suspect or vehicle information.
Smith is on administrative leave pending investigation after she was seen in a rap video in uniform, pretending to use her gun, and making threats to shoot anyone who messes with her.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house