2 Ohio officers injured, suspect dead after shootout
The officers pulled the suspect over, but before they could get out of their vehicle, the suspect allegedly got out of his car and started shooting
MIDDLEFIELD, Ohio — Two police officers in Middlefield, Ohio, shot and killed a man who allegedly fired at them with an assault rifle during a routine traffic stop, officials said.
The incident happened just before 6 p.m. Sunday in Middlefield, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reported.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court