2 Ohio officers injured, suspect dead after shootout
The officers pulled the suspect over, but before they could get out of their vehicle, the suspect allegedly got out of his car and started shooting
MIDDLEFIELD, Ohio — Two police officers in Middlefield, Ohio, shot and killed a man who allegedly fired at them with an assault rifle during a routine traffic stop, officials said.
The incident happened just before 6 p.m. Sunday in Middlefield, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reported.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper