Philly officer struck by drunk driver
The officer was released from the hospital after suffering head pain, the suspect was arrested
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia police officer stepping out of her patrol car early Sunday morning was hit by a drunk driver, police said.
A member of the traffic unit, the officer was at the intersection of Roosevelt Boulevard and Large Street in Oxford Circle just before 1:30 a.m. when she was knocked to the ground by a motorist who hit the back of her car, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly officer struck by drunk driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department