Philly officer struck by drunk driver
The officer was released from the hospital after suffering head pain, the suspect was arrested
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia police officer stepping out of her patrol car early Sunday morning was hit by a drunk driver, police said.
A member of the traffic unit, the officer was at the intersection of Roosevelt Boulevard and Large Street in Oxford Circle just before 1:30 a.m. when she was knocked to the ground by a motorist who hit the back of her car, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly officer struck by drunk driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help