Slain W.Va. sheriff's widow sworn in as interim sheriff
She'll serve at least through the remainder of his term, determined to fulfill his commitment to fight prescription drug abuse
By Susan Candiotti, Ross Levitt and Greg Botelho
Williamson, West Virginia — As she grieves, Rosie Crum is being called upon to lead.
Rather than having dinner with her husband, Walter E. "Eugene" Crum, she spent Thursday night mourning his violent death and taking over the job he held as sheriff of Mingo County, West Virginia.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department