La. assistant warden killed in car accident
Peggy Sylvester, 50, was on her way to work when her vehicle veered off the road
Duty Death: Peggy Sylvester - [Opelousas, Louisiana]
End of Service: 04/14/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
OPELOUSAS, La. — An assistant warden was killed in a single-vehicle wreck Sunday morning during a rain storm that caused her vehicle to swerve off the road and into a tree.
Peggy Sylvester, 50, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. She wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, according to Daily World.
"It's just a sad moment right now for our department and for her family, and we want to make sure that her family knows our heartfelt sympathies go out to them," Opelousas Chief of Police Perry Gallow told KLFY.
The mother of three had worked for the Opelousas Police Department for three years. Before that, she worked one year for the Eunice Police Department and 10 years for the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests