Wife of stabbed NYPD cop joins police force
Her husband was forced into retirement after having been stabbed in the head on duty
By Candace Amos and Daniel Prendergast
The New York Post
NEW YORK — For most of the NYPD's new cadets, the dangers of police work are something they will learn in time. For Dina Loor, it's all too real.
Probationary Police Officer Loor was sworn in yesterday along with 1,246 other new cadets about to set out for six months of academy training this week.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wife of stabbed NYPD cop joins police force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic