Off-duty police officer attacked while jogging
A Hispanic man approached the officer and tried ripping off her clothes then ran away
CHICAGO — An off-duty police officer jogging on a path near Sauganash Park and the LaBagh Woods on the Northwest Side was attacked by a man who tried to rip her clothes off.
The officer fought back and yelled, and the attacker took off running. The assault happened about 2:50 p.m. Thursday near Bryn Mawr and Lowell avenues in the Sauganash neighborhood.
The man wanted for the attack was described by police as Hispanic, between 22 and 26, about 5-foot-7, 140-150 pounds with short black hair. He was wearing a gray short-sleeve T-shirt and blue jeans.
The officer was taken to Swedish Covenant Hospital.
Copyright 2013 the Chicago Tribune
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert