Police come together for daughter of Calif. cop killed by husband
Friends of police officer Laura Perez want to make sure her daughter has a bright future, despite her mother’s violent death
By Liberty Zabala
NBC 7 San Diego
ESCONDIDO, Calif. — Friends of police officer Laura Perez want to make sure her daughter has a bright future, despite her mother’s violent death.
The Escondido Police Department has created a trust fund for 4-year-old Suzeth and her immediate family. On Sunday, officers and recruits held a car wash and raised $12,000, exceeding their goal by $2,000.
“The goal is to have enough money in that fund to not only have enough money for the cost of living and the things that Suzeth will need throughout her life, but to have enough money that in 14 years when she's reaching the age to go to college, she doesn't have to worry about that, that's completely covered,” said Det. Juliette Barnes with the Escondido Police Department.
Full Story: Police Take Care of Slain Officer's Family
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds